Just a few thoughts

I also have a Twitter (@wyllowlylly). Suggestions are always welcome :) Thanks for visiting, subscribe if you like what you see!

Saturday, May 18, 2013

How to Drown a Toshiba and Effectively End Your Ability to Blog

I have no idea how many people read this, if any still do, and I really don't know if any of you follow me on twitter. If you do follow me on twitter, you may have seen my rants about laptop shopping recently. My Toshiba died weeks ago and we still haven't been able to figure out how it happened. My husband was borrowing it while I was busy, he put it down and by the time I got to it (a whopping 30 seconds later) it was soaked. To say that I wasn't happy would be the understatement of the year.

Sure I wanted to replace that piece of crap anyway (wtf happened to Toshiba? They used to make good laptops), but I was thinking more like 6 months from now after researching for a long time. Oh well, I suppose. So I lost most of my passwords with the drowning of the Toshiba, my husband dragged out his Toshiba laptop from 2006 and I searched and searched. I found as laptop I want, but for whatever reason, my desire for a tablet won out, so here I sit, tapping away on a Nexus 10.

I may have recovered most passwords, but unfortunately I haven't been able to access my hard drive to recover my saved-but-not-posted blogs. Soon, though.

 In related news, I'm thinking of starting a tumblr blog. That's a story for another day, though, so if I figure things out, I'll post an update.





















3 comments:

  1. There are cable sets that let you access a harddrive as a usb disk. I've used them several times to extract info from messed up computers. I hope you get your info out of it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I do, too! I had a ton of info saved, notes, etc. Thankfully my husband's laptop is the same model and we're going to pop my old HD in it to see if everything is intact (it seems to be) so I can transfer everything to the external HD we'll (hopefully) be purchasing in the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still follow you, but I use feedly to do so now that Google's Reader is being phased out. I hope you get your blogs back out. I know the pain of losing posts like that. It bites! I'm glad to see your still around and I'm looking forward to your next postings. :)

    ReplyDelete