Just a few thoughts

I also have a Twitter (@wyllowlylly). Suggestions are always welcome :) Thanks for visiting, subscribe if you like what you see!

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Kitchen Altar

I thought I would share this with you guys so you can see how simple it is.

I'm not a big fan of clutter on my altar, and living in a small place has forced me to get creative because I don't have room for a permanent large altar. This is just a big, antique ashtray with two stones representing masculine and feminine, a candle (which sort of doubles as a sort of miniature hearth flame), a stone for air, and a pretty bottle my husband bought me with some water in it. The bottom of the ashtray has sea salt to absorb negativity.

I love altars that are set up on small tray like things. I'm working on one in the bedroom right now, and I'm thinking of setting one up beside the bathtub. A while back I saw an altar set up in what looked like a very small fish bowl. Sometimes you have to get creative and the results can be great.

4 comments:

  1. I love this. It's portable and easily kept out of children's hands. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Unfortunately, the kitties love to hop up near it when I'm not around to scold them lol. Thankfully nothing has been broken. It's like the know not to mess with the altars, etc. that I use regularly.

      Delete
  2. Oh I love this! I love altars, but have nary the space. Small altars appeal to me most, and I love the way you have this one on a tray! And the fishbowl idea is just awesome! I have a glass terrarium that has no proper use right now, I might have to see what I can come up with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you put it to use, or come up with something else, I would love to see it :)

      Delete