Just a few thoughts

I also have a Twitter (@wyllowlylly). Suggestions are always welcome :) Thanks for visiting, subscribe if you like what you see!

Sunday, December 16, 2012

(More Than) A Few Words on Fertility Charting and Other Things

I'm learning about FAM (Fertility Awareness Method) and reading the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. That link will take you to the Amazon page for the book, if you're interested in learning more about it. I won't go into the details of FAM, but I did want to mention something because I just noticed it while going over my records from the past 6-7 months of recording my cycles. I've only recently began to formally chart, but while reviewing my cycles from the past few months, I began to notice a pattern.
At first, I thought my cycles were close to the lunar cycle, because I was starting around the same moon phase. Then I noticed that starting with my second post-BC pills period, I began to start my period during the same sign each month. While on the pill, they were all over the place because they were being regulated by synthetic hormones and the like.

I believe I posted a while back about following various aspects of life and the phases of the Moon,weather, Moon signs, etc. and how they're related. I haven't kept up with this as much as I intended to, but I'm getting better. Anyway, looking back of the records I have kept, I can predict how I'll probably be feeling at certain times throughout the month. It isn't foolproof, but if I'm feeling a certain way, I can glance back over my records and see if I felt the same way in previous months and, if so, prepare for future mood swings and other issues that may arise.

I know, this post is all over the place, but please ask questions if you have any! I'm a bit distracted today, so this may not be making sense to anyone but me.

Back to fertility charting for moment. If you've ever looked at a chart (but have not practiced charting), it looks overwhelming. I promise, it isn't! I literally spend about two minutes  a day on mine, if that. Plus, it's kind of fun! Maybe I'm a freak for feeling that way, but it is for me. Taking Charge of Your Fertility is really informative, easy to understand and covers more than just how to get pregnant or avoid pregnancy. I really recommend this book for any woman, even if you have no desire to use the FAM method, because of what you can still learn about your body. If you can find a copy at a library or borrow a copy, I suggest doing so. I bought my copy, and less than 100 pages in, it's already more than worth what I paid for it.

Another thing about this book, if you've ever looked at it before. It looks huge and intimidating, especially if you flip through and see the sample charts and the like. But, the last third or so of the book is basically just a bunch of resources for various issues, Q&A, sample charts, etc. The bottom line is that all this looks so intimidating and like it will take up a lot of your time to learn, but that's not true. I think any woman could easily begin to use the information from this book and it can be helpful for much more than just knowing when you ovulate or when to expect your period.

So, now that I've noticed my lunar pattern, I intend to add that to my chart. I wanted to talk about this in case anyone else is charting and might not have thought of the lunar cycle in relation to their menstrual cycle. So there's my mind numbing post of the weekend lol. Basically pointless, but at least I'm blogging some, again.

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend and have a blessed Yule!

No comments:

Post a Comment