Just a few thoughts

I also have a Twitter (@wyllowlylly). Suggestions are always welcome :) Thanks for visiting, subscribe if you like what you see!

Thursday, September 6, 2012

I'm Not a "Real" Pagan and Witch

 According to many Pagans and Witches I've met over the years, I'm not a "real" Pagan and Witch because:
  • I am also "Goth," so therefore my spirituality is merely a show for shocking the general public even more.
  • I only use spells when I've exhausted every other option, or feel that a magickal "boost" is necessary.
  • I dye my hair.
  • I have piercings.
  • I have tattoos.
  • I am not Wiccan.
  • I have not sworn a lifelong oath to any Deity.
  • I think it's acceptable to work with Deities from any pantheon.
  • I don't believe in any one "right" way to do things.
  • I enjoyed the Harry Potter books and movies, as well as Charmed, Practical Magic, The Craft, etc.
  • I don't have a huge garden full of magickal herbs.
  • I don't worship Scott Cunningham (or Silver Ravenwolf, or Raymond Buckland, or Gerald Gardner, etc.)
  • I don't believe that all rituals or spells must be elaborate, with an altar full of props.
  • I don't believe Witches are "made" by other Witches.
  • I don't believe you must be descended from a great and powerful Witch from the beginning of time to be a real Witch.
  • I don't believe that Wicca is an ancient religion.
  • I don't believe you must follow the spiritual path of your blood ancestors to be a real Pagan.
  • I like ice cream.
  • I'm a pescatarian.
  • I don't believe anyone, or any religion, has all the answers.
  • I have cats...and I don't think they're all familiars.
  • I don't have an ancient tome that's been passed down for a billion years from mother to daughter.
  • I don't believe you must be a certain gender, race, age, etc. to be a Pagan or a Witch.
  • I don't believe Silver Ravenwolf is evil incarnate.
  • I despise the term "fluffy bunny"
  • I have no problem with hexes/curses/etc. 
  • I believe "To each their own" applies to all parts of life.
  • I enjoy spending time in cemeteries and find the energy peaceful.
  • I don't go skyclad or wear an elaborate robe for rituals.
  • I paint my nails black sometimes.
 So you see, folks, according to many Pagans and Witches I've encountered over the years, I'm not a REAL Pagan or Witch, and therefore you should flee from this blog immediately, lest I corrupt you! Alright so a few of these are exaggerations, but the point still stands that you can't please everyone and don't let someone tell you that you aren't a "real" Witch or Pagan because of something stupid.

13 comments:

  1. Guess I'm not either... dang :( I've been using that term for nearly a decade now... how could I be so wrong for so long....

    Oh ya... cuz I'm not. I hate little boxes and hate them even more when someone tries to fit me into them.

    Loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's funny when people try to fit me in a box... They think I'm a square like them, when really I'm round and bouncy. I laugh at their efforts! lol

      Delete
  2. You really don't need me to tell you those people are being ridiculous, but they are being ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I share some of your view points above so I guess I am no witch either, dang - what am I gonna do now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey thanks for teaching me a new word! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have enjoyed your post immensely!!! Thank you for your "rant" it was perfect for my day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, everyone :) I'm glad you enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was cute and funny :) lol BTW If ppl give you any "flack" You can just point out to them that..... Technically they're not a "real wiccan" Because "wicca/wicce" was originally an Anglo-Saxon word. So technically if you look up what the word actually and originally meant, it would be an Anglo-Saxon farmer simply just living the ways of their folk! Which would have nothing to do with any "3-fold law" or any "new-age elaborate rituals" LMFAO! Just remember these ppl are just trying to deflect their own insecurities on to you! Don't let em get to you! ;)
    ~Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made my day!!! I cackle at these!! Seriously, though, I thought the beauty of Paganism was being able to find your own way? I do or have done or am like every single point in your rant, and I have identified as a "real" Pagan/Witch for 13 years!!!
    Thank you, glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved this post. I don't tell anyone how to be a witch either. Sometimes I point out to Christians that they are not following their own beliefs, but THAT's a different story...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your post as well. Guess I am not either, I just live by Moon phases, make my own medicines from weeds in the field, made up my own "Year Wheel", talk to my guardian angel whenever I want/need, think wicca is a bunch of made up crap, not sure what my label is.

    ReplyDelete