Just a few thoughts

I also have a Twitter (@wyllowlylly). Suggestions are always welcome :) Thanks for visiting, subscribe if you like what you see!

Monday, March 19, 2012

Stones & Crystals 1: Amethyst for Healing and Well-Being

I'm going to try to do an ongoing series about stones and crystals, my experiences, recommendations, etc. I am not an expert at all on this subject, I am very much a novice still, so bear with me. There are, however, some stones that I have much more experience with and those are the ones I'll be talking about first (stones that I think everyone interested should acquire first).

I have no idea why, but for about two years now amethyst has been my favorite stone to work with. It's so useful and versatile, I think everyone should have at least a couple of pieces.

Amethyst can be used for depression, headaches, general well-being, insomnia, nightmares, calming, stress and anxiety relief, heightening intuition and other metaphysical abilities, and much more.

It's almost like clear quartz, in my opinion, in how useful it can be. Clear quartz is like the white candle of the crystal realm- you can use it for pretty much anything. Amethyst, at least for me, is a close second.

If you have tumbled amethyst, you can use it in many different ways. You can take a crystal bath, place it on your body, carry it with you, etc. I personally always keep at least one piece of tumbled amethyst on my bedside table. I've had nightmares for years, and I'm an insomniac, and I'm bipolar, AND I'm prone to debilitating migraines. I've found amethyst to be very helpful for all of these things, and more.

When you have a headache, you can hold a piece of amethyst to the points where the pain is worst. I had a headache last week that lasted for about 3 days. On the final day, I went to bed and broke  out my amethyst as a last ditch effort. Within 10 minutes of alternating where I held the amethyst, the headache was almost completely gone  and I fell asleep. When I woke up, I'd slept well and the headache was gone.

When I'm battling a period of depression, I keep amethyst on me at all times. I'll hold a piece at night while falling asleep, keep a piece in my pocket  throughout the day, bathe with it, etc., and I think I can thank amethyst (at least in part) for finally breaking away from cutting and suicidal thoughts.

I like to carry some around with me in general because it helps keep me calm during times that may prove stressful (family gatherings, trips to the mall because I'm empathic and it can be overwhelming, trips to the doctor when something may be really wrong, etc.), and now that I have  a bunch I'm going to keep a piece in my car and purse.

I also typically keep amethyst (and a couple other stones) handy while I'm working with the tarot. I usually meditate for a while with the stones, after programing them for working with a divination tool, and then proceed with readings.

Overall, if you're starting a collection of crystals/stones, amethyst is definitely one of the first I would recommend acquiring because of how useful it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment