Just a few thoughts

I also have a Twitter (@wyllowlylly). Suggestions are always welcome :) Thanks for visiting, subscribe if you like what you see!

Monday, March 19, 2012

Let Me Clear Some Things Up

First of all, I am *NOT* Wiccan. I am a Witch and I consider myself a Pagan. NOT a Wiccan.

Second, if I give out a description of how I do things, or make a suggestion, etc., you do not have to agree with it or take my advice, etc. If I recommend a book, or say that I do something a certain way, and suggest trying it, that does not mean YOU have to try it. No book, blog, YouTube channel, etc., is going to give you all the information you will ever need or instantly make you a Witch. Yes, they can be helpful and I recommend reading/watching everything you possibly can to help you figure out what feels right to you, but that doesn't mean that after reading a book and watching a couple of YouTube videos you instantly know how to do everything.

When I talk about "winging it" with rituals and the like, that doesn't mean you have to. I have been doing this for a while (not decades, but I have been a student of sorts for over 10 years, at least in this life) and I have come to a point where I know what works best for me and what feels natural, etc.

Pretty much everything I do is very simple. Think Cottage/Kitchen Witchery. I'm not into big, elaborate rituals and ceremonies. It doesn't feel natural to me and I can not focus properly to accomplish anything in such a setting.

If you're wondering where this is coming from, there seems to be a troll on YouTube who keeps going around to tons of Pagan/Witchy themed channels, watching a video or two and leaving rude comments about how the owner of the channel is not doing things right and other such nonsense because they aren't practicing the same thing the troll is (or claims to be). I saw this particular troll's comments on a few more well known channels and it really shocked me to find a comment on mine, since I'm a nobody on there, but I was targeted as well. I replied to a comment left by this troll before I put two and two together and figured out it was the same person I'd seen hateful comments for in the past on other channels. So, I felt the need to clarify a few things.

No comments:

Post a Comment