Just a few thoughts

I also have a Twitter (@wyllowlylly). Suggestions are always welcome :) Thanks for visiting, subscribe if you like what you see!

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I'm back!

Hey everyone! I'm so sorry for the sudden disappearance in November! Sheesh it's been too long. I'm so thankful for those of you who have stuck around, though, and for any new subscribers. I had some blogs typed up on my computer during my absence, but I'm not sure what I will and will not post. I've been changing (in a good way, I think) over the past few months (since before the internet fiasco), so my blog may slowly reflect that, who knows?

I suppose I should explain what happened lol.

We had internet through our last ISP for about a year. When we got it, our rate was just under $30/month. Well, in November our bill doubled with no warning and no explanation. That was just their new rate that they put out. I thought it might just be us, but no. A TON of people who have/had cable and/or internet through their company have been complaining because their rates suddenly doubled and sometimes even tripled with no warning or explanation given. Needless to say, they're losing business now. But, we finally found a new ISP with comparable speed, better customer service, and faster uploads (which comes in really handy for me with my YouTube channel) for just a little more than we were paying for our old ISP in the beginning. And no, this wasn't a case of "introductory rates" or anything like that, we checked our original contract and when we got them, my husband read ALL the fine print and asked questions about it. It wasn't an introductory rate. There are some people around here who have had cable through that company for years and are now paying for the absolute most basic package, what they were paying a year or so ago for the biggest package. It's ridiculous and I'm surprised no one has sued yet.

Anyway, I'm back and I wanted to thank you guys for sticking around and let you know that I missed you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment