Just a few thoughts

I also have a Twitter (@wyllowlylly). Suggestions are always welcome :) Thanks for visiting, subscribe if you like what you see!

Saturday, November 5, 2011

NaNoWriMo

Is anyone participating this year? If you don't know what NaNoWriMo is, here's the gist of it: It's a challenge to write a novel in...30 days!  That's write (<hehe, sorry, couldn't resist), a 50,000 word novel beginning on November 1st, 2011 and ending at 11:59PM on November 30th, 2011. If you're interested, you can still enter! It's really cool and there are tons of awesome things on their website, including forums, inspirational messages, etc. So, if you're interested, check out the NaNoWriMo website and get writing!

I admit that I "cheated" a little. I had never heard of NaNoWriMo before November 2nd (yes, 11/02/2011), but I had already written about 5,000 words in the book that I'm working on. When I heard about NaNo, I decided it might be the push I needed to finish my book. I started writing again last night and now my word count is over 11,000! I'm stoked!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the word count! I am doing NaNo too. I have done it for eight years. I never hit 50K, but it always helps up my production, and I meet good folks around the region.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am keeping an eye on the Nanowrimo guidelines, but I am not really a participant, since I know that once my vacation is over I will have a hard time writing that much every day, and I won't set myself up for failure.

    ReplyDelete