Just a few thoughts

I also have a Twitter (@wyllowlylly). Suggestions are always welcome :) Thanks for visiting, subscribe if you like what you see!

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Saturday Correspondences: Week 1

Today I'm starting my "correspondences" series with the last day of the week. Sorry this is going up so late, I hurt my neck Saturday morning and let me tell you, trying to type and read when you can only hold your head at roughly a 90 degree angle, leaned over your right shoulder, is not easy lol. Anyway...


Real shocker, Saturday was named for the planet and God Saturn. Saturn (God) is the Roman God of agriculture and farming,  sowing seeds and the like, basically. He ruled over what was known as the "Golden Age" of peace, abundance, good stuff. (Yes, I know I'm skimming over a lot and not giving a full bio on Saturn, but He's not the main subject of this post.) He was also dubbed "Father Time," and his Greek equivalent is considered to be the Titan Kronos.

So, we've already covered two correspondences for Saturday: Saturn the God and Saturn the planet. The planetary symbol for Saturn/Saturday is: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/46/Saturn_symbol.png

Saturdays are a good time for ridding negativity from your life (whether it be getting rid of debts, breaking bad habits, bindings, or anything else), protection magick, and tying up loose ends. Saturday is the last day of the week, so it's a good time for ending things. In Ellen Dugan's Book of Witchery, she described Saturdays as a "magickal 'let's clean house' day," and I think that captures the theme beautifully.


As a side note, Ellen  also assigned Hekate to Saturday as one of the Deities. Having worked with Hekate as my "Matron Goddess," for lack of a better term, for several years, I have to agree that Saturdays definitely suit Her best. I won't go into more details about Deities here because this entry would be far too long, but one of the upcoming Saturdays will be devoted to a better "bio" of Saturn and Hekate (and any other Deities I think would suit Saturday magick).


For the final correspondences this week for Saturday, I'll go with colors. Now, I personally feel that it's better to decide for yourself what colors are good for what purposes and the like, but if you're having trouble and need inspiration, looking at correspondences assigned by others can help you get started.


The colors associated with Saturday are darker colors, such as: black, deep purple, brown, blue, gray, and indigo.

No comments:

Post a Comment