Just a few thoughts

I also have a Twitter (@wyllowlylly). Suggestions are always welcome :) Thanks for visiting, subscribe if you like what you see!

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Paganism, Witchcraft, and the Paranormal

Maybe it's just me and maybe I'm being a bit overly critical of people, but it bugs me when people automatically assume that ALL Pagans and Witches can sense ghosts, are interested in ghost hunting, know how to deal with them, etc. Sure, maybe a lot of us do (hell, maybe even most), but not all. How do I know this? Because I've had other Pagans and Witches come to me for advice on the matter. Just because you're Pagan or a Witch doesn't mean you suddenly develop an extra sense. Everyone has it, in my opinion, it's just that some people (Pagan, Witch, or other) use it more often than other people.


It's stereotypes like that that bug me. To me, it's right up there with assuming that all Pagans or Witches know how to do anything else, or that we all practice the same way. We're all different, just like everyone else lol. Some of us believe curses/hexes/etc. are strictly off limits, some of us don't. Some of us can sense a presence more acutely than others, some of us can't.

2 comments:

  1. I agree completely, it's like when people assume All Pagans celebrate the Wiccan Sabbats, or All Pagans believe in the Wiccan Rede, or All Pagans practice magic, or All Pagans believe in reincarnation, or.... yeah the list goes on and on. It's so annoying!!! D:

    ReplyDelete
  2. true that. People need to be careful when generalizing, period. ~)O(~

    ReplyDelete