Just a few thoughts

I also have a Twitter (@wyllowlylly). Suggestions are always welcome :) Thanks for visiting, subscribe if you like what you see!

Monday, October 31, 2011

Blessed Samhain!

I'm sure there are billions of blog posts and videos and the like popping up all over the place, but I'm abstaining from posting about rituals, lore, etc. this year. Maybe next year I'll do something for each Sabbat, but this year I've been working on creating my own rituals and the like, and I just didn't have time.

Speaking of rituals... I rarely, and I mean VERY rarely do a ritual. I don't even observe all the Sabbats. But, Samhain has always been very special to me, so this year I'm going all out. I've just spent the past 2 hours or so working on my ritual (between baking my pumpkin pie bread and watching horror movies lol) and I'm still not satisfied. I'm just not much of a ritual person. I understand and respect their purpose, but I have to really feel a strong pull to actually sit down and write out a ritual and then do it. And even when I do do that, I usually end up improvising here and there because my already written down actions and words just don't feel quite right in the moment.

And I don't know if it's the energy of this time of year (which always seems to energize me and "recharge my batteries) or what, but I have been in super "edit and revise BOS" mode the past few days. Maybe it's because my awesome Ravenclaw quill and the ink I ordered are now on their way to me, though, so I'll be starting my "permanent" BOS soon, yay! I don't care if you guys think I'm a total nerd/geek/etc. for my love of Harry Potter, those books got me through my childhood and they are very special to me. So, I will be posting a small blog when I get my quill, showing it off. Then, when I start writing in my beautiful BOS (<click to see the blog post) my husband got me for Mother's Day, I'll show it off again, too.

Ok, I'm rambling now, so I should probably cut this off now. I just wanted to write and wish everyone a blessed Samhain. If you've posted a blog about Samhain and you'd like me to link to it, feel free to comment with the link. Or, feel free to share anything you'd like to about Samhain (what your plans were/are, how you celebrated, etc.), I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment