Just a few thoughts

I also have a Twitter (@wyllowlylly). Suggestions are always welcome :) Thanks for visiting, subscribe if you like what you see!

Friday, July 1, 2011

My baby is gone :'(

Munchkin had been acting funny since sometime yesterday, but I thought it was just the heat since he seemed better when he was in a room with a fan or AC. I kept trying to get him to eat and he was doing pretty good until last night. He had started lapping milk, and almost totally refusing his bottle. He was pretty much flea free, but a couple of strays got to him here and there, which hubby and I would squish every time he ate or anything else. He was doing so well... I was going to take him to the vet in the morning because I thought he might be getting an eye infection, and I knew I wouldn't have money today (hubs gets paid on Saturdays and my bank account is almost dry). Apart from being a little lethargic, he was fine. He wasn't eating quite as much as the day before, but again, I thought it was the heat. He was still peeing, pooping, walking around, etc. 

Today, it was the same story. Hell, he climbed up his blanket from his bed box thingy and got in the floor and crawled under the bed and stuff. Then when my husband got home, I asked him to try to feed Munchkin so I could go to the bathroom and shower. He came in and told me Munchkin was acting really weird suddenly, so I searched for the nearest emergency veterinary clinic (which is about an hour away, I learned). We were getting ready to take him, and then suddenly he was just gone. I didn't believe it... Every baby animal I've seen pass, it's been horrible (I won't go into details). But Munchkin looked happier and more peaceful than he had in days. It was so sudden, it took me almost a minute to realize that he really was gone.

I know this is off topic from most of my blogs, but I needed to get this out. I've been bawling and then trying to stay busy, and this is just part of staying busy I guess. I want to thank everyone who sent him healing and positive thoughts and energy. Without you guys, I don't think he would have made it as long as he did. We think he might have had worms, but we're not sure. Again, I'm so thankful for everyone who responded to my tweets and stuff about him. If nothing else, I think it caused his passing to be quick and gentle. I don't think I could have made it through him suffering. I still have nightmares about the kitten that died in my hands a while back.

This has turned into one hellacious year. I really hope that the worst is behind us now...

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. Sometimes losing an animal is worse than losing a a person.

    ~Illisse
    (I'm a new follower)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry he didn't make it. Thank you for caring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-( keep talking, don't want it to bottle inside you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry, hon :-( We suffered a loss of a baby too a couple weeks ago.

    My boyfriend's cat, Saki, had two babies and both, unfortunately, ended up passing away. They both had deformities, but the one who was deformed the most ended up living the longest. The other kitten died before she was even a full 24 hours old. The other lived almost a full week.

    Saki wouldn't let them nurse and we tried to feed the surviving kitten with a bottle, which was definitely a challenge. But her poor little limbs were practically useless, so badly twisted they were.

    So when she did pass away, it was a strange mixture of relief as well as sorrow. Sorrow because we'd gotten rather attached to her (and, despite her deformities, she was a rather feisty little thing) yet Relief because I really don't think we would have been able to find a way to have her limbs fixed so she could actually walk and that would not have been any way for a cat to live.

    I still miss her and think about her a lot and I know we always will.


    I'm so sorry for your loss, hon :-( Believe me, I understand how you feel and I hope you and your family are able to find peace after this loss. *hugs* You're in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete