Just a few thoughts

I also have a Twitter (@wyllowlylly). Suggestions are always welcome :) Thanks for visiting, subscribe if you like what you see!

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Typed vs. Handwritten BOS

A LOT of beginners (and even those who aren't beginning) wonder and debate about whether or not a typed BOS is equal to a hand written BOS. The ones who argue against a typed BOS typically use the argument that it's way less personal and therefore your energies don't transfer into it, etc. I disagree with that. I think that ANYTHING that YOU do yourself carries your energy and the like. No matter which way you decide to do your BOS, it's ok! You don't have to play by the rules of others because this is YOUR path and YOU make the rules for it.
I personally have a paritally handwritten, partially typed BOS. I started off writing EVERYTHING, even a huge list (about 5 pages in small print) of the associations of stones and crystals. It took me two days to do it because I'm kind of a perfectionist with things like that and I wanted it all nice and even, etc. I drew lines with a ruler to separate each stone or crystal and everything. After that, I started typing things that were not originally (I mean TOTALLY originally) mine, such as moon phases, deities, sabbat information, etc. Now, since I type way faster than I write (plus it looks prettier because my writing sucks lol), I'm considering switching to totally typed.
Don't listen to what other people say about it. There's nothing wrong with typing it if it doesn't feel wrong to YOU, and that's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment